Why People Are Moving to Alexandria
Alexandria, VA offers many wonderful benefits for those who are looking for a combination of city and suburb. While it is situated outside of Washington, D.C., it has metro lines into the city while also being far enough away where the community is full of greenery and a small-town atmosphere.
This area is also full of wonderful dining options that are dog-friendly, safe and beautiful neighborhoods, and exciting activities for every type of person. Due to the diversity of this area, many people are naturally drawn to it and plan their next move around this unique and lively area.
There are many wonderful areas in Alexandria where many people find themselves moving, however, the most popular areas of Alexandria to move into are:
- Old Town Alexandria is a beautiful and historical neighborhood in Northern Virginia. The homes in this area are bright, colorful, and in the center of an active area. In 2019, Old Town was rated the 2nd safest city in America. Everything is within walking distance and very dog-friendly. Old Town is most famous for its amazing locally-owned variety of international restaurants and area-specific boutique shops. The town is especially beautiful at night and local musical artists can be heard playing at restaurants and along the sidewalks as well.
- Most people who live in Old Town are non-family households however, many more families have moved to this area in recent years due to the amazing school district and various schooling options that are available.
- This area is also very connected to popular destinations in Washington D.C. and Maryland. The Old Town water taxi can take you to The Wharf, National’s Park, Georgetown, and National Harbor. If you ever want to venture out of Old Town, you have a fun and innovative new way to do so that cuts down on your gas consumption.
- Additionally, this area has amazing activities for everyone. Those who love art can visit the Torpedo Factory where local artists create and display their work for purchase. Those who love nature can take a run or a walk by the water on the Mount Vernon Trail. Lastly, those who enjoy mystery and adventure can enjoy a variety of escape rooms that are open fairly late. No matter your taste in activities, Old Town has a great option for you.
- Mount Vernon, Alexandria is a stunning, nature-covered community in northern Virginia. It historically got its name from George Washington’s famous estate, a common tourist attraction in this area. Mount Vernon is in the 95% percentile for safety meaning that it is one of the safest places to live in the country.
- Mount Vernon has excellent schools and is mainly composed of families with children under the age of 18 who attend said schools. Homes in this area are perfect for families because they tend to be larger, thus providing ample room for a growing family while also having considerable outdoor space for family activities like sports, gardens, barbeques, and many others.
- Unlike other busy areas, Mount Vernon is a little hidden away and private. This area feels similar to a secluded forested community set aside from the world while also being close to many exciting and amazing parts of northern Virginia. If you do feel like venturing out, Mount Vernon is close to National Harbor and Old Town where you can go shop, eat, or just enjoy being outside with friends or family.
- Mount Vernon has wonderful outdoor activities including hiking in one of its many parks, visiting historical locations like George Washington’s Mount Vernon, and travelling on the local river boat. Many residents of this neighborhood love and frequently partake in outdoor activities, making it the perfect place to meet like-minded people.