Alexandria has it all, from the best shopping malls, to a wide range of restaurants, parks, and more. It is a fun and adventure-filled place to live. And, if you’re visiting Alexandria, then getting a look at some of the iconic places is a must. It even has local farmers’ markets that will make you switch your lifestyle towards healthy eating. These local farmers’ markets combine creativity, health, high-quality products, and affordability. You can have access to all kinds of grocery products in one place! However, few stand out the most from the wide variety of local farmers’ markets in Alexandra.
To narrow down your search and save you the time spent visiting several local farmers’ markets, we have put together a list of the top best in the region. They are easy to locate and head on over to, and they rank high in terms of customer satisfaction. In addition, these local farmers’ markets follow SOPs strictly to give you and your family a safe environment to shop in. Thus, there’s no need to be stressed out while visiting these local farmers’ markets.
Read ahead to learn more about the 4 best local farmers’ markets in Alexandria, along with what all they have to offer. After giving this article a read, you are going to want to visit them all!
1. Kingstowne Farmers’ Market
This local farmers’ market has a wide range of vendors who provide high-quality products. All can be found here, from fresh fruits and vegetables to unique items such as yellow watermelon. The Kingstowne Farmers Market is put together in the parking lot at 5870 Kingstowne Center every Friday between 4 and 7 pm. This is the ideal time for you to get your groceries in for the coming week.
Moreover, this market also has a selection of aged cheese and bread fresh out of the oven; purchase them on your way home from work and set up your charcuterie board for the dinner party later at night! This local farmers market is the best place to drop by and get your chores off the list.
- Credit card payments
- Parking space – free of charge during the farmer’s market
- Wide range of vendors catering to fresh products such as herbs, meats, fruits, vegetables, loaves of bread, cheese, etc.
- Clean and hygienic environment
- Most stalls have samples that you can try out before making the purchase
- Affordable and discounted prices
- Has bike parking as well
2. Old Town Farmers’ Market
This local farmers’ market tops the list and is the oldest one in the region. Located in Old Town Alexandria, this market is operational at the best time. It opens at 7am every Saturday and goes on till 12-noon. You can get your groceries and chores done early in the morning without having to wait. Head on over to this farmers’ market after your morning jog and bring home some fresh fruits and vegetables for a healthy breakfast. That’s not all; this local farmers market has activities for kids as well. You can take them along and help them learn more about healthy food habits and eating choices.
- Free parking space
- Accepts Android payments
- Has food items from around the world that you can try
- Offers a wide range of products, including handmade textiles and home décor items
- Breakfast options are available as well
- Has a fountain in the middle of the market where you can rest near with your family members
- The market is usually set up in a circle to make it easy to shop
- Has products that are priced at reasonable rates
3. McCutcheon, Mount Vernon – Farmers Market
Located at 2501 Sherwood Hall Ln, this farmer’s market is up and running every Wednesday from 8 in the morning till 12 noon. You can find some of the best items from the summer harvest here, that’s for sure. And, that’s not all; you can even get your hands on some fresh fish and seafood items as well. Say goodbye to pre-packaged and processed fish from the supermarket, and get your hands on fresh fish that is healthy and filled with all the essential nutrients. Pair it with a fresh salad, artisan bread, and shaved parmesan cheese to have a healthy and balanced meal. All of these ingredients are sure to be found at this local farmers’ market. Head on over there this week and be amazed by the wide variety of products and friendly vendors who will kindly be at your service.
- Free parking space
- Breakfast stalls offering a wide variety of food
- Fresh flowers of all kinds
- Premium quality products ranging from fresh seafood, bread, fruits, vegetables, and meats
- Family friendly and a great place for kids
- Availability of credit card machines
- High standards of hygiene and cleanliness
4. Nalls Produce
Nalls Produce is open throughout the week. It opens at 9 am and goes on till 7 pm. It stocks up on fresh products every day! There’s no need to think twice about any product being stale or kept from the day before. In addition, this farmers’ market has take-out options and comes with bike parking as well. You can ride on over to this local farmers’ market and spend some time eating your favorite foods that are healthy and guilt-free. If you are looking for gluten-free products, you can easily find them at Nalls Produce.
Moreover, this farmers market has special events and activities lined up for the holiday seasons. Those events make this farmer’s market a go-to place for most parents with toddlers who are curious and full of energy. Whether it’s the Christmas holidays, Halloween, 4th of July, or Easter, this farmers’ market becomes a fun and adventure-filled carnival for all to attend. You don’t want to miss out on any of these events – add them to your calendar, and be sure to drop by for a visit.
- Is an indoor farmers market that follows strict SOPs and standards of hygiene
- Has a few animals on the premises that your kids can pet
- Offers fun-filled activities such as pumpkin carving events on Halloween
- Is a family-owned business
- Has a wide variety of plants and flowers
- Affordable prices
- Friendly staff and vendors
- Has a selection of some of the best homemade jams and bread in the region
Wrapping it Up!
Now that you know exactly which local farmers’ markets to keep on your bucket list, you can head on over to the nearest one for a quick visit. You can take your family and kids along as well. Visiting the local farmers’ market to get some grocery shopping done is a great way to spend some time with the family. Remember to keep it sustainable and bring your tote bag along. Living a healthy lifestyle also includes giving back to society by saving the planet by reducing plastic waste.
Additionally, if you wish to settle down in Alexandria or have a home you’re thinking of selling, then getting in touch with a real estate agent, in mount Vernon VA should be on your task list. Don’t worry; we have got you covered here as well. You can get in touch with Michael Gailliot Homes to pursue your home buying or selling needs. Our services extend to helping clients in Northern Virginia. These include services ranging from land acquisition, income property in Springfield VA, investment properties in Springfield VA as well as the buying and selling of homes. To learn more, you can visit our website or get in touch by dropping us an email. We will reach back out to you as soon as possible.